Saturday, April 22, 2006

The return of Mikey Skinner


I am a total apologist for a few act (as many of you know), Oasis, The Strokes, etc. The Streets is one of those acts. Even when I cringe at first listen to one of their tracks, I know that given enough time, I'll love everything they do/he does. I guess I just really find Mike Skinner hilarious. And interesting. And unique. No one sounds like him that's for sure. He's a love him or hate him kinda guy, and you have to repsect that. But I also understand that all the things I love about him (his over the top Britishness, his very loose flow/timing, his subject matter) are also reasons to hate him. I get the hate. It's just right for me. So judge this one with a grain of salt.

The new Streets record just came out. It's good. It's still growing on me, but so far on a scale from 1 to 10, it's already a 7. Which will probably get better with age. Here's the first single:

The Streets- "When You Wasn't Famous"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home