Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Blonde Acid Cult/Calypso

This is an American band. I know what the hell am I thinking?!? But, as I am going to London next week to see Oasis at Wembley (jealous much??), I should hopefully come back with a gaggle of new UK bands to chat about, so why not try to give you some NYC fun before that.

Honestly, I have been meaning to post about this band since the fall. And honestly, I totally avoided listening to this band. I had assumed lots of stuff about them because of who is in the band and things that were associated with that. I was wrong. Once I finally listened I was smitten. I think a listen will explain it all:

SHAKE IT LOOSE / BLONDE ACID CULT / DIR. LANCE DRAKE from LLOYD'S SECRET PARTY on Vimeo.



There have been line-up changes, and it sounds like they have a new name/project (Calypso), but I will still keep an eye on these guys. Of all of the NYC bands, these are about the only ones I give 100% approval.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home