Friday, January 14, 2011

Top 10 for 2010 +1

2010 was not a great year for music. I freely admit that I have slacked in listening to as much music as I should have, and admit that my daily listening shifted from music to more podcasts. But when going through other people's top 10 lists, I just do not see much that I missed out on. In fact, whereas I usually have trouble cutting my list down to 10, this year I struggled to even think of 10 records that I felt were worthy. Really this should be a top 5-15 instead of a top 10, but it's a yearly tradition so here we go:

1. The Crocodiles- Sleep Forever
2. Paul Weller- Wake Up the Nation
3. Tame Impala- Innerspeaker
4. Karen Elson- The Ghost Who Walks
5. Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster- Blood and Fire
6. Scissor Sisters- Night Work
7. Thee Oh Sees- Warm Slime
8. Delphic- Acolyte
9. Hurts- Happiness
10. Junip- Fields

And as a +1, if The Black Belles had a full release and not just a single, they probably could have taken the top spot. Just a guess, but I just love them so much that I am willing to go out on a limb on this one. Thank you, Jack White, for the Black Belles, my favorite band of 2010.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home