Sunday, April 23, 2006

The girls...

I may have mentioned these kids to you and I may not have. A couple of years ago, a gal I knew went to Australia, and saw this band called the morning after girls. She handed me a CDR with 4 songs and the one of the band member's email. I loved it, so I sent Martin and email, basically saying that if they ever needed anything in the US, to let me know. From there, I was introduced to their manager, and the rest of the band (Aimee is the only actual girl and yes she's beautiful. So are the boys). I saw them about a year after beginning this email trail at SXSW, and it was like meeting long lost friends. Thereafter (at CMJ, a BRMC tour, another SXSW) we have become good friends and to this day, even with the friendship clouding things, I can still wholeheartedly say that their music is some of the best being made right now.

The Girls are currently recording their first LP. Some of it was recorded at the Dandy Warhols' Odditorium and some in Philly, where BRMC recorded their latest, Howl.

They have one CD out in the US now, Prelude: EPs 1 and 2, and on a scale of 1 to 10, it gets a 10.

Start here, in this order please:
the morning after girls- run for our lives
the morning after girls- lazy greys
the morning after girls- hi skies

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home