Saturday, May 20, 2006

On Fire!


First off, I have to say that a couple of years ago, I declared a moratorium on comparing bands to My Bloody Valentine. MBV seemed to have become the "go to" band to compare new acts to. If there was some feedback or dissonance, the band was the second coming of MBV. But they ALL failed. No one sounds like MBV and most of the bands that try just depress me. So, no more, let's put that to rest!

Now while they are no MBV, Amusement Parks On Fire do have some good tunes. Yes, there is some feedback and the word "ethereal" does come to mind. And yeah the songs do have a nice pop tune underlying the chaos. So that should be enjoyed, not compared. And just to avoid the MBV thing, let's say they remind me of Catherine Wheel and Swervedriver. I only have an EP of theirs, but unlike other bands, it actually convinced me more than their live show (which was a bit lacking). Live they get a 5, but this EP gets a 7. If you are itching to find a new shoe gazer band, you could do a lot worse.


Amusement Parks On Fire- Blackout

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home