Saturday, November 21, 2009

Hope Sandoval & the Warm Inventions


I was never a Mazzy Star apologist. I know plenty of folks who are, but to me the band was all promise and very little delivery. In fact, their lack of output has made people protest their greatness way too much in my opinion (same with MBV... they are great but they ain't THAT great, calm down people). So with the rest of the reuniting 90s bands, so returns Hope Sandoval.

And, well, she still hasn't converted me. It's all well and nice and breathy and just dark enough, but I'm still not convinced I should care too much. I mean I get it.. she's attractive and smart and arty. But between the forgettable songs and the onstage tantrums, I just can't see the whole thing being worthwhile. At least Cat Power puts out good records often. Feel free to disagree.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Cockfosters said...

http://www.zshare.net/download/68781425b739d311/

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home