Friday, August 18, 2006

Dirty Pretty Things

Dirty Pretty Things are the remains of the Libertines with the former Cooper Temple Clause bassist added. Now I was never a huge Libertines fan, although I did really like the first 4 tracks that leaked back in the day. And I love the Coopers, but Didz, by his own admission, didn't actually do much for the writing process of those records. He's more about personality. So I didn't expect much from this band.
And I feel like I got that: not much. The record is not bad. It's not great. The comment I har the most from people is "It's so British." I don't buy that. The Ordinary Boys, very British. Same for Lily Allen. But for DPT I think it's much more the personality that's British, moreso than the actual music. Buut the single is fun enough and is the most thought out song on the record. So its worth posting, I'd give it a 7. The record, Waterloo To Anywhere gets a 5. Sorry Didz.

Dirty Pretty Things- Bang Bang You're Dead

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home