Friday, September 01, 2006

Klaxons

Ok so here's my latest fave UK act, Klaxons. It's been awhile since I have been flabbergasted by a song, but that's the case with "Atlantis to Interzone." Klaxons are arty enough to confuse you, danceable enough to get your booty shaking, and (if you're old enough) enough UK dance music touchstones to get your brain really working. Imagine the Test Icicles with some KLF thrown in. Or maybe less abrasive and more guitar based. Add to that lots of English majorly literary allusions. And white jeans.

I had the songs a few months ago, but lost the tracks somewhere, then stumbled across this one. So I tossed it into my player for the walk home from work. Lo and behold... jaw dropping. I will preface this with the fact that lots of these songs aren't easy to listen to. Nor for the faint of heart. You can get more tracks at their My Space page.

I keep explaining this remix as "a 4 minute tribute to the last 20 years of UK dance music." See what you think.

Klaxons- Atlantis To Interzone (Third Eye Mafia Re-Fit)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home