Friday, December 14, 2007

St. Etienne

And now for something different...

I am a big fan of St. Etienne. Besides writing catchy tunes and having a brilliantly lovely front woman, they seem to be so very well read. I find that less and less these days, so it's particularly fascinating when smart folks do different things. It seems that they have partnered with film director Paul Kelly (they have worked with him a bit in the past) on some short films about London's disappearing cafes. Each is short, somber, poignant, and a bit sad. My fave is #3, but that's because I love greasers. I give these short films a 9.5.

I am not sure what they are for or where they can be seen, but lucky for you they are on Youtube. Please to enjoy.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home