Saturday, September 08, 2007

M.I.A.


I would rarely recommend that someone download only select tracks from a record. This is mainly because you never know when the initial "bad song" on a record could end up being your favorite years later. So even at first glance, a weak track might be great in retrospect. So I usually say, just get the whole thing.

This is not the case with the new M.I.A. I won't go into my love hate feelings about MIA much, but I have usually been on the fence with her and most of her music. Good beats, annoying lyrics. Her persona has been a bit more of a focus for articles than her actual music, which isn't her fault per se, but it's hard to ignore. In other words, I'm not a huge fan, but always interested.

On her new record, MIA again makes me have to battle with the contradiction. There are tracks that I think are great and there are tracks that are awful. Painfully awful. So the new record, Kala gets a 6. The track below being the best. Of course, it's the one track produced by Timbaland. Of course.

Avoid "Jimmy" at all costs. Unless you love dancing at Euro clubs, wear too much cologne and still love OMC's "How Bizzare." Now that I said that, it will be a hit. Just watch.

M.I.A.- Come Around

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home