Sunday, February 17, 2008

Supergrass


As much as I want to think that I am open to artists changing their sound and maturing, there are some bands that I want to remain in one spot. Supergrass to me should always embody fun and silliness with a catchy sugar pop center. This is not to say that I don't respect their more serious outings, but when it really comes down to it, I go back to I Should Coco way more than Road to Rouen. I can't help it, good for you boys for making serious records, but I want the fun.

With their new single, "Diamond Hoo Ha Man," they show they can still deliver on that front as well. Fun and raucous and oh so rock, which for me is a stellar combination. This track gets an 8.5 and I can't wait to hear the rest of the record.

Supergrass- Diamond Hoo Ha Man

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home