Monday, July 14, 2008

Santogold


Ok so I have been lacking, again. Please forgive me. I'll do a bunch of posts in a row just to make up for things. The good thing about the time away is that I have plenty to post about. Let's start with something you may have heard, Santogold.

Santi is a gal who has been thru the music industry system (she did A&R), and realized she could do just as good if not better than mostof the stuff she had to listen to day in day out. And I agree with her, as her record is definitely going to be on my top 10 for 2008, guaranteed. I heard so many folks talk about her ripping off M.I.A., and I had enough personal issues with the fact that she had been a Fader cover girl, but yet, when it came down to it, the record rules.

It bounces from ska to new wave to art rock to pop dance candy, and in the end, it also ends up being wholly original. Yes there are MIA tinges on certain tracks, and even some Gwen Stefani touches, but the record stands totally on its own merits and deserves all of the accolades it gets. I give Santogold an 8. Here's a remix and a non-album cut that you might have heard in a beer commercial.

Santogold- L.E.S. Artistes (XXXchange Remix)
Santogold- Creator

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home