Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Sons and Daughters


I woke up to some great news from Scotland... a new Sons and Daughters record is done and ready for release!

I love this band, as longtime readers will know. The descriptions on the Domino site, do give me pause though, as I prefer S&D in their full-on rockabilly speed demon twang, whereas the new record is described more like their slower more deliberate past exploits like Love the Cup and Repulsion Box. And the first sneak peek track, Silver Spell speaks to that. But the good news is that there are also other great descriptions of the new record that have me very interested. "Themes of fairytales, serial killers and witchcraft"? Yes! "If any film represents this record, it would be like Dario Argento’s Suspiria.” YES! I can't wait.

Check out and download Silver Spell at the Domino Records site.

Follow Sons And Daughters on twitter: @SnDloveYou

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home