Sunday, September 10, 2006

BRMC do WS

Just to switch things up, I figured I'd post a gem by a band you probably know.

I have been a Black Rebel Motorcycle Club fan from the beginning. I can't say the same about the White Stripes. But since their latest record and after meeting Jack, I am a converted WS fan. So when I found this WS cover by BRMC (performed at the NME Awards in 2004), I was pretty excited. And when you think about it, it totally fits. Both are influenced by American roots music, as much as the modern era of true rock and roll. It's a fitting pairing. And the Californians do a great job. They make it their own, but give the song it's due. This performance gets an 8.

BRMC- The Hardest Button to Button (Live)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home