Saturday, September 23, 2006

The Ponys

It took me a while to get into the Ponys. They definitely didn't grab me right away. Luckily they put out two records in quick succession, and I kept hearing them. After a few months I realized that the catchiness of the songs and the original punk rock styling was really refreshing. (By punk rock I do not mean Sex Pistols, I mean more like Richard Hell, the Ramones, early NYC punk. The stuff that no "punk rock" kid now would ever accept as really "punk".) Very much a sing-along. And I LOVE singalongs.

The good news is they just signed to Matador, so the chances of the getting lots more deserved exposure soon is very good. Look for a new record in 2007. For now enjoy the track below, it, the record it's from, and its predecessor all get solid 7s.

The Ponys- 10 Fingers 11 Toes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home