Sunday, April 22, 2007

The Rapture


I have recently been feeling a DFA resurgence. It took me a while to get into the new LCD Soundsystem, but I finally got the new Rapture and am once again hooked. Not that I ever really doubted them, I just wasn't in the DFA mood. But the new Rapture is totally bringing me back into the fold.

What makes The Rapture is so good (same for LCD really) is that they are great at taking influences and channeling them thru their own style and bring us something at once familiar and yet totally fresh. But that's just critic talk, what makes these songs really tasty is that they are sooo damn catchy. It's roller rink, punk funk, 100% pre-party/party/post party approved. A guaranteed good time. In fact, even though their debut had a few modern classics (House of Jealous Lovers, Olio) their new record is a more solid affair from beginning to end. Grab a copy of the record, you'll like it. These two tracks... both get 8.5s.

The Rapture- Get Myself Into It

The Rapture- Pieces of People We Love

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home