Thursday, February 15, 2007

Bloc Party

I cannot claim to be a Bloc Party fan. I understand why people like them. I see what they are, but I just can't get into them. Their first record borrowed from Gang of Four a lot, enough for me to dub their live show "Gang of Bore." And I love Gang of Four, but yet I have no love for BP.

Well, they are back and boy are the kids happy to see them. Surprisingly, their sound this time out has softened and may even be "radio friendly." In place of GoF it sounds like they are reaching for more for New Order this time out. Which again, I totally see that people might like this. But the lyrics seem a bit less obtuse this time, in a bad way, and the sense of urgency is gone and has been replaced by what seems to me to be a bit of self loathing. No personal beef meant; it just doesn't do it for me.

But the single is catchy and you should expect to see it during lots of prime time dramas this year. I give it a 6 mainly for its catchiness.

Bloc Party- I Still Remember

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home