Thursday, December 07, 2006

Cat Power


Since I know this record is going to make it into my top 10 for the year I figured I should give you something from Cat Power's The Greatest.

I am really glad that Chan Marshall is sober now. You can definitely hear it in her latest record. Not to say that its all sunshine and rainbows, but there is a sense of optimism that runs throughout. It's not unike that new Jarvis in that way. Even in its morose slow dirge-like melodies and tempo, the songs still have a hint of something calm and some sort of easiness that Cat Power records never had before. She continues to make compelling music even without the tears in her beers. Glad to see it. And even happier to hear the tunes. The Greatest gets a 9; it's one of her best records yet.

Cat Power- Living Proof

and since I am on a roll with the covers...

Cat Power covers Oasis- Wonderwall

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home