Sunday, November 26, 2006

The Fever

This post goes out posthumously, as a few months ago, The Fever played thier final shows. I should have gone, but I didn't. For awhile there (about 2 yrs. ago) I saw this band every 2 weeks for about 3 months in a row. The first time I saw them was actually at some special spring CMJ one off show with the 80s Matchbox B-Line Disaster. I was expecting great things from EMBD, but was wowed by the Fever even more.

The tunes were great, even the choice of a Sheila E cover, but what really did it for me was their energy and thier sense of urgency. If there is one thing missing from most bands I see nowadays is that sense for urgency. That's what rock and roll is about. We may die tomorrow, so let's rock as hard as we can tonight. But I digress.

After the release of their first EP, Pink on Pink, the Fever followed it up wth a very good LP, Red Bedroom. But soon after the lead guitarist left, and I guess that was the death knell. But they do leave some good tunes that definitely deserve lamenting. Here's one from their EP (which I give an 8.5) as well as one from the fulll length (which gets a 7 from me). R.I.P. The Fever


The Fever- The Glamorous Life

The Fever- Grey Ghost
LINK FIXED!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Blake Zuñiga said...

can you upload the song gray ghost again please!!!

1:02 AM  
Blogger Cockfosters said...

Done! Link fixed.

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home