Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Clipse


Ok it's been awhile since I have dropped some hip hop on you.

In the last few years, the Neptunes have definitely made a difference in hiphop. Sometimes they put out absolute crap (Diddy....) but everytime I think they have lost it, they come back with something that reminds me why they get so much praise. The problem is, they save the best beats for their friends, and for some reason, those records take years to actually come out. One that finally made it's way out is the latest from Clipse.

Now I can honestly say that the reason I love Pusha T and Malice (as well as Fam-Lay, another Neptunes brother in arms) is that I actually do not doubt a word they say. I belive that they are or have been drug dealers. They know more about luxury goods than most folks on 5th Ave. because they definitely buy this stuff, and I am 100% sure that they have shot people. I know that's not something to be praised, but the thing is, the realism and honesty with which it is all delivered, is painfully moving. Add to this the fact they have the most interesting flow and rhyme schemes/wordplay in the game today and you have some classic tracks.

Hell Hath No Fury so far gets an 8 (after one listen). Lord Willin' gets a 9.5. Cop both now if you love hip hop.

Clipse- Wamp Wamp (feat. Slim Thug)
Clipse- When The Last Time

Whenever Fam-Lay gets a record released it will be a classic. Mark my words.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home